We’ve designed and built a network which allows us to bring full fibre broadband straight to your property. As part of the build, we installed an ‘Point of Termination (POT)’ at the boundary of your property, which means we can run fibre directly into your property when you order with us.
Standard & Non-standard Installation
If the distance from your POT to the fibre entry point in your property is greater than 100metres or greater than 10metres of tarmac, concrete or 5metres of block paving/slabs, you may require a site survey to determine the type of installation required. Find out more about Standard & Non-Standard Installation
It is a necessary requirement for us to have an adult over the age of 18 present throughout the below install process. Either you or your nominated representative will be required to approve the installation with our technicians.
- To get started, our installation expert will work closely with you to map the route of fibre from the POT to where the fibre enters your property. We’ll need you to sign our ‘install form’ to confirm that you approve of the route and that you’re happy with where the fibre directly enters your property.
- We’ll carry out a health and safety risk assessment, which we’ll take you through before we start any work.
- We’ll then start the external installation by digging a trench along the agreed route, laying the fibre in the ground to the point where the fibre enters your property.
- Once we’ve finished installing the fibre, we’ll reinstate the ground as close as possible to its original state. There may be a trace of digging, but we’ll make sure we do all we can to leave the area as neat and presentable as possible.
Once we’ve finished installing the fibre outside your property, we’ll run the fibre into your property.
- We’ll start by drilling a hole at the originally agreed fibre entry point, running the fibre through to the inside of your property. We’ll fix what we call an ‘Omnibox’ onto the outside wall, making sure that the hole is sealed, weatherproof and tidy.
- We’ll feed the fibre into the property and connect a Network Termination Endpoint (NTE) to the internal wall, which can be located:
- On the inside of the wall opposite to the location of the Omnibox
- Up to three metres away from the fibre entry point depending on your personal preference.
- Once the NTE has been installed, we’ll install your Gigaclear powered by Linksys router and activate your connection.
Please be aware, on the day the of the installation we may not be able to activate your connection. This is an extremely rare occurrence but we will be in contact to manage this for you, therefore we encourage you to not cancel your existing provider until we have activated your service.
Activating your Gigaclear connection
(Our technician will activate your connection during your installation.)
Our installation team will be on hand to make sure that you can access the Internet. We'll need to connect your mobile device to the Gigaclear powered by Linksys router in order to activate your connection.
- Locate the Gigaclear powered by Linksys ‘WIFI Name’ and ‘Password’ found on the sticker at the base on the router.
- On your device, go to the WiFi settings and select the router ‘Name’
- Enter the ‘Password’
Once your mobile/tablet device tells you that you’re connected, open a browser and:
- Go to Gigaclear.com
- You will be taken to the ‘Gigaclear Activation Portal’
- Enter your Customer Number - This is the number beginning with ‘C’ which you received with your Order Confirmation.
- Enter the serial Number of the Gigaclear powered by Linksys router.
- Confirm your address is correct by ticking the ‘Acceptance’ box
Once you’ve followed the above steps, you should now be up and running and ready to enjoy your Gigaclear broadband service.
Following activation you will receive your first bill within 14 days.
- There must be someone over the age of 18 at the property during the installation. This is to ensure that the installation is carried out as we have agreed. If you are not able to be present, please ensure that the adult who is present understands your requirements and has your authority to agree the installation route.
- Please ensure that the route of the installation is within the boundaries of your property. If we need to install across land that you do not own, we may need permission from the landowner. Without the correct consent or permission, we will not be able to carry out the installation.
- Our network is made up of equipment which is installed on public highways and private property, using rights granted under the part of the telecommunications legislation known as the Electronic Communications Code. This Code, in conjunction with your permission, enables Gigaclear to place equipment on your property and to maintain it. You should ensure that any future purchaser of your property is made aware that the property is connected to an Ultrafast, full fibre network and the equipment has been installed with these rights.
- To prevent any damage to the equipment and loss of signal, we ask you to ensure that any future owner or any other person doing work to your property is aware of the position of the fibre cables.
Setup the Gigaclear powered by Linksys router
Learn how to setup your Gigaclear powered by Linksys router.
Setup Smart WiFi
It's quick and easy to expand your WiFi coverage with additional WiFi nodes, included with our Smart WiFi packages.