We have compiled some of our most Frequently Asked Questions below, in easy-to-use sections. From General Enquiries to details on how to get the best out of your ultrafast full fibre broadband connection, just click the appropriate box for plenty of helpful hints and advice.

Private Land Works

Do I own the equipment on my land?

No, all of the equipment will remain the property of Gigaclear.


Do you make any special arrangements for agricultural land?

We often work with agricultural land owners and this means we are sensitive to their needs and priorities. We keep disruption to a minimum and ensure our equipment does not interfere with the normal use of the land. 

We follow these scenarios: 

Ploughed fields
We generally lay our cable along field verges. However, if we are working on land which may be ploughed, we install our equipment in a manner to be agreed with you.

We respect livestock and work with farmers to make sure both workers and livestock are safe at all times.  

If you know about any water mains or drainage on your land that we may not realise is there, it would be helpful if you could tell us in advance as utility records are not always accurate.

Fishing and Field Sports
We want to help rather than hinder rural businesses and are happy to work around any specific requirements related to fishing and field sports, including the avoidance of specific dates or times.

Network Build Care: 01865 591137

Email: networkbuildcare@gigaclear.com


Does Gigaclear's work affect my land ownership rights?

No, not at all. We will never acquire any rights of ownership over your land.


Does the equipment pose any threat to my land?

There is nothing inherently dangerous about our equipment, unlike with an electricity cable or a gas main. There is also nothing that could do damage, such as a leaking water pipe.


How do you gain access to connect my property if I live on a private road?

If you live on a private road we will need to obtain a written agreement from the grantor/landowner. You will receive a communication prior to any works commencing from our Network Access Team who will then guide you through this process.


Is Gigaclear allowed to install its equipment on private land?

As part of a commitment to deliver better broadband to all UK citizens, Parliament has given powers to electronic communications operators such as Gigaclear to install equipment on private land. However, first the operator must request a signed Network Access Agreement from the landowner to install equipment on their land.

The legislation governing this is called the Electronic Communications Code and it can be found in Schedule 3A of the Communications Act 2003. The powers under the Code to install and maintain our network are given to Gigaclear by Ofcom.


What are the insurance implications of equipment on my land?

All of the equipment we install will be covered by our insurance.


What happens if Gigaclear causes damage to my land?

We naturally do all we can to prevent any damage being caused. But if the worst happens, we will be responsible for any damage to your property or any third-party property during the installation, maintenance or repair of our network.


What happens if I accidentally damage Gigaclear's equipment?

If the cable or other equipment is damaged, this could mean the internet connection for an entire area will be lost. We expect landowners to take care not to damage any equipment in order to avoid risks such as lost connectivity and any further disruption.


What happens if I don't sign the Network Access Agreement?

We hope the clear benefits of our service to your rural community will mean we can come to an agreement that works for both parties. However, if we can't reach agreement with a landowner, the Code states we can ask a court to impose an agreement on the landowner in the interests of delivering good communication infrastructure to everyone living and working in rural communities.


What happens if you need to inspect or repair the equipment?

Occasionally we may need to inspect and/or repair the equipment. The Network Access Agreement gives us permission to do this but we will always do our best to contact you and explain when we will be there. The main exception to this would be in an emergency.


What happens once the network installation is complete?

The equipment will sit on, or underneath, the ground carrying broadband traffic for as long as it is required.


What if I am concerned Gigaclear has built on my property?

If you believe we have encroached on your private property during our network installation, please contact our Network Build Care Team to discuss this with us.

We would appreciate seeing any photos or maps that can identify the area you wish to talk about.


What if I want to re-develop my land after a network installation has been completed?

If you are planning to undertake any building work, please let us know as early as possible about it. We will then carry out a survey to see if there is any chance your work will interfere with our equipment. If it does, and it is possible, we may be able to move our equipment to enable your work to go ahead.


What is a Network Access Agreement (NAA)?

A Network Access Agreement is consent in writing that allows communications providers such as Gigaclear to carry out work on privately-owned land. When a landowner signs a NAA with Gigaclear, they are agreeing that we may install, maintain and repair our communications equipment on their land.


Will it cost me anything for Gigaclear to install equipment on my land?

Not at all. Our construction partners do all the work to dig the trench and reinstate the ground as close as possible to its original condition.

The Postcode is not in a valid United Kingdom format.

Can I Get Gigaclear?

Please enter your postcode to check availability.